Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Naresh Chaurasia <nc...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/15 07:42:49 UTC

Unable to locate an appropriate view in this gadget. Requested: 'default' Available: [home, preview, canvas, profile]

I was following installation instructions specified in the following page :
*http://shindig.apache.org/download/index.html*

When i try to hit the following URL
*
http://localhost:8180/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml
*

I get the message:
Unable to locate an appropriate view in this gadget. Requested: 'default'
Available: [home, preview, canvas, profile]

When i try  to hit the following URL:
*
http://localhost:8180/gadgets/ifr?url=http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/todo/todo.xml&view=home
*
I get the following error message.

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.shindig.common.uri.Uri$UriException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal
character in authority at index 7:
http://localhostaKey=/shindig/gadgets/proxy?container=default&url=
shindig.port=:8080
org.apache.shindig.common.uri.Uri.parse(Uri.java:109)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.uri.DefaultJsUriManager.makeExternJsUri(DefaultJsUriManager.java:64)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RenderingGadgetRewriter.injectFeatureLibraries(RenderingGadgetRewriter.java:231)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.RenderingGadgetRewriter.rewrite(RenderingGadgetRewriter.java:158)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.HtmlRenderer.render(HtmlRenderer.java:88)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.render.Renderer.render(Renderer.java:93)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.servlet.GadgetRenderingServlet.render(GadgetRenderingServlet.java:104)
org.apache.shindig.gadgets.servlet.GadgetRenderingServlet.doGet(GadgetRenderingServlet.java:82)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:734)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:847)
org.apache.shindig.auth.AuthenticationServletFilter.callChain(AuthenticationServletFilter.java:124)
org.apache.shindig.auth.AuthenticationServletFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationServletFilter.java:87)

how can i fix this problem.

Naresh C

Re: Unable to locate an appropriate view in this gadget. Requested: 'default' Available: [home, preview, canvas, profile]

Posted by Naresh Chaurasia <nc...@gmail.com>.
I am using jboss 6x and jdk 1.6.0_25. Would that be causing problem.

Posted by Naresh Chaurasia <nc...@gmail.com>.
Hey any further help. I have tried almost everything i could think
of....!!!

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
You still see

Posted by Naresh Chaurasia <nc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Naresh Chaurasia <nc...@gmail.com>.
I checked my internet setting and selected *No Proxy* in connection
settings. I am able to access internet  with this setting.

When i use the container to load widget, i am still getting the same error.
Please find attached screenshot of my proxy settings.

Posted by "Ciancetta, Jesse E." <jc...@mitre.org>.

Posted by Naresh Chaurasia <nc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Naresh Chaurasia <nc...@gmail.com>.
I was testing this on 2x. I now used 3x and removed the aKey from web.xml.

   <context-param>
  <param-name>system.properties</param-name>
     <param-value>
        shindig.host=
        shindig.port=
    <!--aKey=/shindig/gadgets/proxy?container=default&amp;url=-->
     </param-value>
  </context-param>

It still does not work

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.