Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Terry lee <Sp...@sqatester.com> on 2005/05/27 03:59:46 UTC

Pluto cannot get any Parameters if using enctype="multipart/form-data" in form

Hi all,

I developed a simple portlet which just call PortletRequestDispatcher.include() to include a servlet which print some html tags as below:

outprintln("<form action="+ action_url + " method=post enctype=multipart/form-data>");
outprintln("<input type=file name=upload/>");
outprintln("<input type=submit/>");
outprintln("</form>");

After submit the form, if i try to use request.getParameter() to retrieve the parameter, i got nothing.

but if i remove attribute enctype="multipart/form-data" , then i can get the parameters. any ideas? is that a bug?  thanks in advance!

regards,
Terry

Join SQAtester.com Community  ---> http://www.sqatester.com/testersarea/joinus.htm

Re: Pluto cannot get any Parameters if using enctype="multipart/form-data" in form

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Take a look at the admin portlets that were added to cvs a couple of
months ago.  These used multipart/form-data and should give you some
hints on what to do.

David