Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stuart Stephen <sw...@swadge.co.uk> on 2002/07/11 17:52:01 UTC

JDBC Drivers

Hi guys and gals,

Could someone give me advice on the best (and free if possible) sql server
drivers to use in my tomcat servlets? The sql server I have available is a
MySql server or a MS SQL Server should I need it.

Thanks,
SS

Error starting tc4.1.7b!

Posted by Luminous Heart <lu...@yahoo.com>.
I downloaded tc4.1.7beta binary, expanded on my linux
box and fired startup.sh after setting
"
JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0

export CATALINA_OPTS='-Xms100000000 -Xmx150000000
-Dawt.toolkit=com.eteks.awt.PJAToolkit
-Djava.awt.graphicsenv=com.et
eks.java2d.PJAGraphicsEnvironment
-Djava.awt.fonts=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/fonts/'
"
When I typed
http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp I
got the following error. The same thing happen when I
try the ROOT.

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
class for JSP

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
/usr/local/tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost/examples/jsp/dates/date$jsp.java:101:
handlePageException(java.lang.Exception) in
javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext cannot be applied to
(java.lang.Throwable)
      if (pageContext != null)
pageContext.handlePageException(t);
                                          ^