Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by smock <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/29 17:16:50 UTC

Connection reset errors during commits, optimize

Hello,
I'm receiving a java.net.SocketException (see below) on searches, during
updates to my index.  I'm running a distribued index with 3 shards, each
shard has about 3M docs.  I add documents in batches of 100, commit after
50K updates, and optimize nightly.  The errors happen intermittently during
the commit and optimize stages (which can take some time to complete and
shoot up the CPU usage of the shard on which the operation is performed).
Searches which don't result in an error hang until the operation being
performed is complete.  This is problematic for me as I'd like to perform
updates to my index without taking down search functionality.  Any advice as
to what might be causing these problems would be greatly appreciated.

-Harish

The server encountered an internal error
(org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: java.net.SocketException:
Connection reset org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: java.net.SocketException:
Connection reset at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:282)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1301) at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:338)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:241)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at
at
at org.apache...ing this request.