Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by MaheshR <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/02 23:48:34 UTC

How to apply diff patch to FOP

Hi

I am newbie to FOP. we are trying to implement multi column region body in
single page. As FOP doesn't yet support these features, we found
flow-map.diff patch file that can be applied to FOP .92 version. But we do
not know how to apply this patch. Can anybody provide step by step
instructions to apply patch to FOP.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Mahesh Rayudu.

Re: How to apply diff patch to FOP

Posted by Mahesh Rayudu <ma...@gmail.com>.
Excellent.. Thanks.

Posted by Pascal SANCHO <pa...@takoma.fr>.
MaheshR a écrit :
> Any help on mutliple columns in single page using xsl-fo will be greatly
> appreciated.
> The final output should be looks like news paper columns.

You can find some examples given with FOP in following folder:
FOP_dir/examples/fo/region_body
That should give you some ideas

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Thanks
> Mahesh
>

> Pascal Sancho wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> MaheshR a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am newbie to FOP. we are trying to implement multi column region body
>>> in
>>> single page. As FOP doesn't yet support these features,
>>>
>> This is not totally exact:
>> FOP implements multi-column in region-body, regarding FO-REC 1.0; see
>> [1], [2], and [3].
>> What FOP doesn't implement is multiple fo:flow, regarding FO-REC 1.1;
>> see [4].
>>
>> Practically, the FO-REC 1.0 only allows equi-width columns, while FO-REC
>> 1.1 allows any size of rectangles as columns.
>>
>> You'll need the patch only if you wish to have different width columns.
>>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice6.html#fo_region-body
>> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice7.html#column-count
>> [3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice7.html#column-gap
>> [4] http://localhost/doc/xslfo/rec11/xslspec.html#IDAJJ0X
>>

>>> flow-map.diff patch file that can be applied to FOP .92 version. But we
>>> do
>>> not know how to apply this patch. Can anybody provide step by step
>>> instructions to apply patch to FOP.
>>>

>> Applying the patch needs you to dive into Subversion knowledge.
>> You can initially read this page [5] and follow the links in it.
>> Then you have to apply the patch onto the source code, downloaded from
>> FOP SVN repository [6].
>> Note in your case you have to checkout from the branch or the tag 0.92
>>
>> [5] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/tools.html#patches
>> [6] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/
>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Mahesh Rayudu.
>>>

>> Pascal
Pascal

Re: How to apply diff patch to FOP

Posted by MaheshR <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pascal SANCHO <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi,
MaheshR a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I am newbie to FOP. we are trying to implement multi column region body in
> single page. As FOP doesn't yet support these features,
This is not totally exact:
FOP implements multi-column in region-body, regarding FO-REC 1.0; see
[1], [2], and [3].
What FOP doesn't implement is multiple fo:flow, regarding FO-REC 1.1;
see [4].

Practically, the FO-REC 1.0 only allows equi-width columns, while FO-REC
1.1 allows any size of rectangles as columns.

You'll need the patch only if you wish to have different width columns.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice6.html#fo_region-body
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice7.html#column-count
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice7.html#column-gap
[4] http://localhost/doc/xslfo/rec11/xslspec.html#IDAJJ0X

> flow-map.diff patch file that can be applied to FOP .92 version. But we do
> not know how to apply this patch. Can anybody provide step by step
> instructions to apply patch to FOP.

Applying the patch needs you to dive into Subversion knowledge.
You can initially read this page [5] and follow the links in it.
Then you have to apply the patch onto the source code, downloaded from
FOP SVN repository [6].
Note in your case you have to checkout from the branch or the tag 0.92

[5] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/tools.html#patches
[6] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/fop/
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Thanks