Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2013/07/07 19:31:11 UTC

[VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

A new set of artifacts with no Rat failures is here:

http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/3.2M1_2/
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-112/

Please cast your votes.

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.  Looks good.  Sorry about the missing licenses in my files.

I agree about addressing these things that were brought up for the next
milestone:

1. RELEASE-NOTES.txt seems to have lost all history before 3.2M1
2. UPGRADE.txt has nothing to suggest for 3.2

Re: Cayenne old releases removed from the mirrors... How to restore?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Fixed. Thanks!

Posted by Erdinc <ko...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Yeah, I think no Java 6 may be the cause here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14806709/application-is-using-java-6-from-apple-instead-of-java-7-from-oracle-on-mac-os-x

For now IMO we should declare Java 7 OS X Modeler support as "coming soon", release M1 and then research our options.

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
Yep, and a +1 from me.

Ari

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
I did the same tests as Mike, plus compared the built JARs vs the
distributed JARs, and tested the modeler a bit.

Thanks,

mrg

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.
Both worked for me as well.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
-1

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

RE: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Guys,

Can I recommend you ask infra to create you guys an

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/

and

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cayenne/

It is now non optional and for your release to hit the mirrors you must
commit
your approved release to the above release area.

Can I also suggest from now on you use the above dist /dev/ area for where
you
put your RC candidates for voting on (instead of using people.a.o) .
Once approved, you can simply svn mv it from dev to release area and the
mirrors will pick it up.

Thanks

Gav...

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Good question. "Unstable" refers mostly to the API. And the new API is indeed changing rapidly. "Preview" also sort of misleading. Maybe just live both "dev" and "alpha" labels. This should be enough to distinguish from "GA".

Andrus

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: [VOTE] 3.2M1 - take 2