Posted to users@maven.apache.org by KC Baltz <KC...@Copart.Com> on 2006/02/24 18:27:30 UTC

[m2] How do I stop using a SNAPSHOT from my local repository?

We have several projects here that depend on a common "core" project.  When I'm making changes to that "core", I install them in my local repository so I can test them in the dependent projects.  However, when I'm done and commit them to CVS (which then causes them to be deployed to our internal remote repository), I want to stop using the copy in my local repository and return to pulling the latest SNAPSHOT from the interanl repository.

Do I just need to delete the SNAPSHOT from my local repo?  Is there another way?

K.C.

Re: [m2] How do I stop using a SNAPSHOT from my local repository?

Posted by Alexandre Poitras <al...@gmail.com>.
You have to set your internal snapshot repository update policy to
"always" so Maven check if there is a fresher version out there.

> On 2/24/06, KC Baltz <KC...@copart.com> wrote:
> > We have several projects here that depend on a common "core" project.  When I'm making changes to that "core", I install them in my local repository so I can test them in the dependent projects.  However, when I'm done and commit them to CVS (which then causes them to be deployed to our internal remote repository), I want to stop using the copy in my local repository and return to pulling the latest SNAPSHOT from the interanl repository.
> >
> > Do I just need to delete the SNAPSHOT from my local repo?  Is there another way?
>
> Deleting it from your local repo (and never building it locally again)
> will work.  I'm not sure if there's a way to remove snapshots from the
> command line.
>
> For what it's worth, I haven't had time to track it down yet, but the
> some developers are having trouble with m2 not retrieving snapshots.
> Continuum and several of the developers were reporting test failures
> that would have been fixed by the most recent snapshot, yet Maven
> never retrieved it, even with -U on the command line, until the local
> copy was deleted.  (This is the MyFaces build, and the
> struts:shale-test:1.0.1-SNAPSHOT artifact.)
>
> On the off chance that you think you're seeing the same behavior, I
> thought I'd mention it.
>
> --
> Wendy

Alexandre Poitras
Québec, Canada

Re: [m2] How do I stop using a SNAPSHOT from my local repository?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.