Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2009/08/01 01:01:20 UTC

Re: alpha2? beta1?

Let's do another alpha 1 week from now, and attempt to get the score
generation process going as soon as possible after that.

--j.

--
--j.

Re: Rescoring questions

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 07:30, Warren Togami<wt...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 08/05/2009 06:30 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
>>
>> it's distributed.
>>
>> Basically, it goes like this:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RescoreMassCheck
>
> I am wondering...
>
> * What is different about the rescoring mass checks that it cannot be done
> directly from the regular nightly?
>
> * What is different about the rescoring mass checks than whatever is used to
> generate the data for sa-update?

Initially, we did not mass-check sufficiently large quantities of mail
for the nightly, or use Bayes or network rules.  However I'm now
thinking we can just pick a nightly set of logs, and use that, since
we already made changes to the nightly process last year to support
generating network (set1/3) rulesets.

> * http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SaUpdateBackend
> Is this page update to date?  Some of the links are dead.

probably out of date.  I'll take a look.

--
--j.

Rescoring questions

Posted by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com>.

Ham age limit?

Posted by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com>.
On 08/05/2009 06:30 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
> it's distributed.
>
> Basically, it goes like this:
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RescoreMassCheck
>
> --j.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RescoreMassCheck
Here says 38 months for ham.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/CorpusCleaning
Here says 18 months for ham.

http://marc.info/?l=spamassassin-devel&m=124778156305913&w=2
Here you seem to imply that ham from the beginning of time is good.

I'd like to clean up the documentation to make it easier to understand
as I attempt to bring on additional volunteers to participate in
masschecks.  Could we settle on a guideline cut-off point for ham?

5 years good?

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com

Re: alpha2? beta1?