Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2012/09/27 11:00:49 UTC

Intermediate poms.

Hi,
I am wondering how people build subtrees in Sling as there are no
intermediate poms.
Normally I would  have a installer/pom.xml so I could
cd installer
mvn clean install
to build just that subtree to test a modification there.

Is there mvn command that does this without needing the pom ?

mvn clean install -amd -pl
installer/api,installer/core,installer/api,installer/console,installer/providers/file,installer/providers/jcr,installer/providers/jcr,installer/factories/configuration,installer/factories/deploymentpck,installer/it

does the trick, but is a bit of mouthfull.

Thanks
Ian

Re: Intermediate poms.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I usually just build a single project and deploy that or do a full
build. For example just building the installer modules still requires
to build launchpad to get it into a runnable Sling, so building the
whole project usually is simpler for me (not necessary faster).
Except installer where all modules somehow belong together, e.g. the
modules in bundles usually are completely independent from each other.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org