Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Michele Santucci <tu...@shiny.it> on 1997/03/05 12:40:02 UTC

mod_proxy/219: Proxy non-caching

	The contract type is `' with a response time of 3 business hours.
	A first analysis should be sent before: Wed Mar 05 11:00:02 PST 1997

>Number:         219
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Proxy non-caching
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
1) The proxy seems to contact all the cached hosts even if these aren't
already expired. Is this a feature or a bug?
2) How can I set up my system to have more than one cache directory?
I tried creating symbolic links with directories (i.e. creating links instead
/usr/local/etc/httpd/proxy/A,B,C,D subdirectories ... pointing
to /proxy2/A,B,C,D real ones) but this doesn't work
3) The proxy seems very slow even on the LAN in which resides if compared with
non proxed connections