Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2017/07/04 11:45:27 UTC

RE: question about PersonTitleAnnotation class [SUSPICIOUS] [EXTERNAL]

Hi Tim,

I don't know anything about the history, but the constants in PersonTitleFSM are:
mr
ms
mrs
dr

The execute(..) method iterates through all four.

Sean

p.s. We need to be a little more careful with javadocs (jd) ...

The jd for getTitleMachine() appears to be only partially true:
	 * Gets a finite state machine that detects the following:
	 * <ol>
	 * <li>Dr.</li>
	 * </ol>

But then the jd for the class has
* Uses one or more finite state machines to detect measurements in the given
 * input of tokens.

And the jd for execute(..) has
	 * @return Set of FractionToken objects.

Posted by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Oh great! I just assumed it was a placeholder type with no annotator. That makes sense then that it's for titles like Dr. and Mr.

I talked to a student the other day who is interested in annotating patient name spans, but could only find the PersonTitleMention type and the fields in the non-span type Demographics, meant to be populated from structured data. It seems we don't have a type for annotating patient names.