Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Adam Jenkins <ma...@adamjenkins.net> on 2005/09/17 21:37:42 UTC

hide root tree item?

Hi All,

Is there any way to hide the root tree item (similar to JTree)?

Cheers
Adam

Re: hide root tree item?

Posted by Adam Jenkins <ma...@adamjenkins.net>.
no...just the root tree node.  currently the tree always requires only
one root <netui:treeItem> (it gives an error if you supply more than
one), however, in the layout of my site I don't want a root node to show
up.

I want my tree to look thus:

+ item1
+ item2
+ item3

not

+ root
   + item1
   + item2
   + item3

which is what I end up with because of the "only one root treeItem
rule".  Swings JTree also enforces the "one root only" rule, but has a
method allowing the root item to be hidden so that the former example
above would be rendered not the later.  Is there any way to mimick this
behaviour in beehive and make <netui:tree> render as per the first
example?

Cheers
Adam

Re: hide root tree item?