Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/11 07:02:57 UTC

[VOTE] The first HBase 2.2.4 release candidate (RC0) is available

Please vote on this release candidate (RC) for Apache HBase 2.2.4.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.
[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 2.2.4

The tag to be voted on is 2.2.4RC0. The release files, including
signatures, digests, etc. can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.4RC0/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1385/

Signatures used for HBase RCs can be found in this file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

The list of bug fixes going into 2.2.4 can be found in included
CHANGES.md and RELEASENOTES.md available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.4RC0/CHANGES.md
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.4RC0/RELEASENOTES.md

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.2.4RC0/api_compare_2.2.4RC0_to_2.2.3.html

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Guanghao Zhang

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 2.2.4 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

 Signature: ok
 Checksum : ok
 Rat check (1.8.0_171): ok
- mvn clean apache-rat:check
 Built from source (1.8.0_171): ok
- mvn clean install -DskipTests
 Unit tests pass (1.8.0_171): failed
- mvn package -P runAllTests

[ERROR] Failures:
[ERROR] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test
[ERROR]   Run 1: TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test:77 Waiting timed out after [60,000] msec
[ERROR]   Run 2: TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test:77 Waiting timed out after [60,000] msec
[ERROR]   Run 3: TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test:77 Waiting timed out after [60,000] msec
[ERROR]   Run 4: TestAsyncTableRSCrashPublish.test:77 Waiting timed out after [60,000] msec
[INFO]
[ERROR] Errors:
[ERROR]   TestClusterScopeQuotaThrottle.testUserNamespaceClusterScopeQuota:196 » TestTimedOut
[ERROR] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.TestReplicationSyncUpTool.null
[ERROR]   Run 1: TestReplicationSyncUpTool.testSyncUpTool:189->mimicSyncUpAfterPut:385->Object.wait:-2 » TestTimedOut
[ERROR]   Run 2: TestReplicationSyncUpTool »  Appears to be stuck in thread NIOServerCxn.Factor...
[INFO]
[ERROR] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.multiwal.TestReplicationSyncUpToolWithMultipleWAL.null
[ERROR]   Run 1: TestReplicationSyncUpToolWithMultipleWAL>TestReplicationSyncUpTool.testSyncUpTool:189->TestReplicationSyncUpTool.mimicSyncUpAfterPut:400->TestReplicationSyncUpTool.syncUp:430 » TestTimedOut
[ERROR]   Run 2: TestReplicationSyncUpToolWithMultipleWAL »  Appears to be stuck in thread Sock...
[INFO]
[WARNING] Flakes:
[WARNING] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestMasterShutdown.testMasterShutdownBeforeStartingAnyRegionServer
[ERROR]   Run 1: TestMasterShutdown.testMasterShutdownBeforeStartingAnyRegionServer » Completion
[INFO]   Run 2: PASS
[INFO]
[WARNING] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.TestSplitWALManager.testCreateSplitWALProcedures
[ERROR]   Run 1: TestSplitWALManager.testCreateSplitWALProcedures:165 expected:<1> but was:<2>
[INFO]   Run 2: PASS
[INFO]
[WARNING] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestHRegionWithInMemoryFlush.testCheckAndMutate_WithCorrectValue
[ERROR]   Run 1: TestHRegionWithInMemoryFlush>TestHRegion.testCheckAndMutate_WithCorrectValue:1926 expected:<true> but was:<false>
[INFO]   Run 2: PASS
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] Tests run: 4306, Failures: 1, Errors: 3, Skipped: 40, Flakes: 3

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Good to know, thank you. My vote is still +1 (binding).
Thank you for putting together the RC.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 2.2.4 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

        * Signature: ok
        * Checksum : ok
        * Rat check (1.8.0_232): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
        * Built from source (1.8.0_232): ok

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 2.2.4 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me. With 3 binding +1s and 1 non-binding +1, the vote passes. Let
me push out the release.

Jan Hentschel <ja...@ultratendency.com> 于2020年3月13日周五 下午10:22写道:

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Hentschel <ja...@ultratendency.com>.