Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bill ODonnell <wi...@webhosts4you.com> on 2003/05/31 02:14:54 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.045

Some browsers ( notably IE5.5.50 / NT4 on PC - IE6 / XP) are receiving
a FORBIDDEN message in trying to access some sites on my server
running OS X Apache/2.0.45 (iTools 7/Mac OS X) DAV/2 PHP/4.3.1
mod_ssl/2.0.45 OpenSSL/0.9.6e

All MAC browsers ( IE, Mozilla, Safari, Camino) work 100% as does PC
Mozilla 1.3.1 and Netscape 7.02

Error log says it a Permission denied but all sites on th eserver are
set up identically

This happens when the browser requests just the URL  ie
www.portdouglasgetaways.com.au with or without the trailing slash
Access is fine if index.html is appended after the slash

Yet if a similar request is made to say www.satechforum.com there
are no probs from any browser

Any Ideas?

Bill

[users@httpd] Slow Answer

Posted by SanZ <sa...@yahoo.it>.
Hello,
     I made a module that verify signed XML documents that was received via forms with xml body.
Also i have a filter (fast) that deletes the headers from the form and keep only the body.
The module should answer to the client "ok or not ok"

Problem:
Why it does take so much time to answer to the client???

in httpd.conf
LoadModule upload_module      modules/libmodupload.so         #the filter
LoadModule mod_finalespezzatoPOST_module modules/libmodfinalespezzatoPOST.so
#the module for verify the XML signed
LoadModule mod_finalespezzato_module modules/libmodfinalespezzato.so
#the module that signs the XML documents (via GET requests)

AddInputFilter upload-filter .xml
UploadField file.xml
#the registration of the filter

Any Hints?
Thanks in Advance.
SZ

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.045

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Sat, 31 May 2003, Bill ODonnell wrote:

> Some browsers ( notably IE5.5.50 / NT4 on PC - IE6 / XP) are receiving
> a FORBIDDEN message in trying to access some sites on my server
> running OS X Apache/2.0.45 (iTools 7/Mac OS X) DAV/2 PHP/4.3.1
> mod_ssl/2.0.45 OpenSSL/0.9.6e
>
> All MAC browsers ( IE, Mozilla, Safari, Camino) work 100% as does PC
> Mozilla 1.3.1 and Netscape 7.02
>
> Error log says it a Permission denied but all sites on th eserver are
> set up identically
>
> This happens when the browser requests just the URL  ie
> www.portdouglasgetaways.com.au with or without the trailing slash
> Access is fine if index.html is appended after the slash
>
> Yet if a similar request is made to say www.satechforum.com there
> are no probs from any browser

This is likely related to what is called the "trailing slash problem",
which you can read more about at:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ-E.html#set-servername
One of the solutions proposed there might work for you. If not, please
post the *exact* error message (verbatim), and that might help a little
more.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
As we trace our own few circles around the sun