Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by 谢良 <xi...@xiaomi.com> on 2013/02/18 08:35:33 UTC

答复: some ideas for QJM and NFS

Hi Azuryy, just want to confirm one thing, your JN did not deploy on the same machines within DN, right ?

Regards,
Liang
________________________________
Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Yes, I agree with what Liang said. You can look at the sync time metrics on
the JournalNodes and in the NameNode to determine whether this is indeed
responsible for the throughput loss.

We ran tests at scale (100+ node) and saw no degradation in performance
when running QJM vs running NFS based HA, so long as the JNs are not
sharing disks with the datanodes. I think you'd see the same degradation in
an NFS HA setup if you tried to use a datanode as your NFS server.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: 答复: 答复: 答复: some ideas for QJM and NFS

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.