Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Jordi Blasi Uribarri <jb...@nextel.es> on 2015/09/29 11:42:18 UTC

Versioning question

I was going through files I have in the system and I found some strange things that make me wonder about correct versioning. I am not sure but It may be the origin of the problems I see.

When I installed Samza I ran the following:
git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/samza.git
cd samza
./gradlew clean build

I thought that this was getting the last stable version (0.9.1) but I have found that the compiled jars in my installation are named like this:
samza-kv-rocksdb_2.10-0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
samza-core_2.10-0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
samza-api-0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

So as I understand it, I have samza 0.10.0 version installed and for scala 2.10. Is this correct?

Kafka is installed with 2.9 scala. I am not sure if this is the conflicting element.  Should I go to 2.10?

Hadoop and yarn are version 2.6.0. Should I go to 2.7.1?

I have tried to place in the lib folder the jar files generated in the samza compilation (2.10-0.10.0) and they show completely different messages. Now I see an error that ask for a new library that I cannot locate.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: joptsimple/OptionSpec
        at org.apache.samza.job.JobRunner$.main(JobRunner.scala:39)
        at org.apache.samza.job.JobRunner.main(JobRunner.scala)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: joptsimple.OptionSpec
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

Do I have a versioning issue? Which library does this class belong to?

Thanks

                Jordi
________________________________
Jordi Blasi Uribarri
Área I+D+i

jblasi@nextel.es
Oficina Bilbao

[http://www.nextel.es/wp-content/uploads/Firma_Nextel_2015.png]

Re: Versioning question

Posted by Yi Pan <ni...@gmail.com>.
Wohoo! That's great! Hope to hear more good news from you!

-Yi

RE: Versioning question

Posted by Jordi Blasi Uribarri <jb...@nextel.es>.

Re: Versioning question