Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu> on 2003/11/28 21:18:07 UTC

The problem with image-based authentication

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-turingtest-20031105/

The W3C has a good writeup about image-based authentication (The Cocoon
samples have something like this which I implemented in Flow).  They
also offer some good suggestions for alternatives to IBA.

At a former job, I had a coworker who was legally blind, and he was an
amazing programmer.  However, his screen reader relied on certain
accessibility features of Windows to work correctly.  I heard recently
that IDE licenses were purchased for all of the developers, and they
didn't even realize the IDE didn't work with his screen reader,
rendering the IDE utterly useless to him.

Read the above document and keep it in mind when implementing web
applications.

Tony