Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Dmitry Goldenberg <dg...@hexastax.com> on 2019/02/19 19:17:17 UTC

Memory error during hdfs dfs -format

Hi,

We've got a task in Ansible which returns a MemoryError during HDFS
installation on a box with 64 GB memory total, 30 GB free at the moment.

It appears that during the execution of the hdfs dfs -format command, a
Python process is spawned which gobbles up ~32ish GB of memory and then the
Ansible deploy fails.

Any ideas as to how we could curtail / manage memory consumption better?

Thanks

Re: Memory error during hdfs dfs -format

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi Dmitry, HDFS commands in Apache Hadoop do not launch any python
processes. You'll have to find out more about what the process/command is.

Posted by Dmitry Goldenberg <dg...@hexastax.com>.
Hi Anu,

I think this is most likely an Ansible issue.

Thanks for the info...

- Dmitry