Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Shad Storhaug <sh...@shadstorhaug.com> on 2019/12/15 17:01:31 UTC

Preparations for Lucene.NET beta00007: Docs

Shannon & Steve,

I am working on rolling another beta release and will start the release vote probably in the next few days to a week.

I just pushed a commit that reverts the project structure back to the original state, eliminating the MSTest, NUnit, and xUnit flavors of the test framework. What this means is in the release, we will just have a single package, Lucene.Net.TestFramework.

Also, we now have the complete set of analysis modules that will be in the final release, so you can now clean up the documents to reflect all of the NuGet packages:

Lucene.Net - Core library
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Common - Analyzers for indexing content in different languages and domains
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Kuromoji - Japanese Morphological Analyzer
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Morfologik - Analyzer for dictionary stemming, built-in Polish dictionary
Lucene.Net.Analysis.OpenNLP - OpenNLP Library Integration
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Phonetic - Analyzer for indexing phonetic signatures (for sounds-alike search)
Lucene.Net.Analysis.SmartCn - Analyzer for indexing Chinese
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Stempel - Analyzer for indexing Polish
Lucene.Net.Benchmark - System for benchmarking Lucene
Lucene.Net.Classification - Classification module for Lucene
Lucene.Net.Codecs - Lucene codecs and postings formats
Lucene.Net.Expressions - Dynamically computed values to sort/facet/search on based on a pluggable grammar
Lucene.Net.Facet - Faceted indexing and search capabilities
Lucene.Net.Grouping - Collectors for grouping search results
Lucene.Net.Highlighter - Highlights search keywords in results
Lucene.Net.ICU - Specialized ICU (International Components for Unicode) Analyzers and Highlighters
Lucene.Net.Join - Index-time and Query-time joins for normalized content
Lucene.Net.Memory - Single-document in-memory index implementation
Lucene.Net.Misc - Index tools and other miscellaneous code
Lucene.Net.Queries - Filters and Queries that add to core Lucene
Lucene.Net.QueryParser - Text to Query parsers and parsing framework
Lucene.Net.Replicator  Files replication utility
Lucene.Net.Sandbox - Various third party contributions and new ideas
Lucene.Net.Spatial - Geospatial search
Lucene.Net.Suggest - Auto-suggest and Spell-checking support
Lucene.Net.TestFramework - Framework for testing Lucene-based applications

lucene-cli - Tooks for index maintenance, benchmarking, and running demos

Also, FYI, we will probably be adding a target for .NET Core 3.0 (Lucene.Net package only) since Microsoft has exposed some APIs we use that now tie directly into the hardware on certain platforms:

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/hardware-intrinsics-in-net-core/

Anyway, I just wanted to give you a heads up so if you have the time to make any updates before the release, you can.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug
Project Chairperson - Apache Lucene.NET

Re: Preparations for Lucene.NET beta00007: Docs

Posted by Shannon Deminick <sd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update, i'll get a few things tidied up this week on the docs