Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com> on 2004/09/15 18:13:01 UTC

Re: FOP hangs.. Need help

NOTE: I've moved this message to the FOP-USER mailing list, as this
post appears to be a FOP-USER issue.

On Sep 15, 2004, at 8:00 AM, Jeyaprakash Natham wrote:
> Version: 0.20.5
>
> Issue: To convert a XSL-FO to PDF format, I am using the code taken
> from ExampleFO2PDF.java available on
> http://xml.apache.org/fop/embedding.html#ExampleFO2PDF.
>
> While running this code, it hangs.
>
> Can someone help what could be the issue.
>
> Note: The size of XSL-FO file is around 225MB.
>
> Thanks
>
> JP

Although you've provided the version of FOP (thanks!), 'While running
this code, it hangs.' is not much to go on. Could you indicate whether
any logging occurrs before it 'hangs'? Have you tried running it from
the command line with the -d flag?

Also, 225MB is a rather large FO file. Are you sure it isn't 225Kb? If
it is 225MB, you may have to increase the amount of RAM allocated to
Java Virtual Machine.

Finally, it might help to indicate the output you're expecting (e.g., I
expect to get a 5000 page PDF file or something).

What operating system is this running on? Is there enough RAM and hard
drive space available, etc.

Thanks!

Web Maestro Clay