Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Venkat Venkataramanan <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/16 21:46:21 UTC

Where do I find the Admin tool?

I downloaded and installed Tomcat v6.0.10.

I learnt that the download does not include the Admin tool.  I searched for
it but am unable to find it.

However, I am able to find a version under 5.5

I presume that I can run that under 6.0.10. Please let me know if my
assumption is right.

venki

RE: Where do I find the Admin tool?

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Venkat Venkataramanan [mailto:thevenkster@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: Where do I find the Admin tool?
>
> In the absence of webapp, how can I manage the Tomcat instance?

Good question.  Lack of the admin webapp is one reason we haven't put
6.0 into production.

> Is the 5.5 Admin tool functionality provided by the Manager
application?

Unfortunately not.  You can get some additional information out of
Lambda Probe (www.lambdaprobe.org), but not all the data and no update
on the fly capability.  You can, of course, stop, start, and redeploy
webapps with both manager and Lambda Probe.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: Where do I find the Admin tool?

Posted by Venkat Venkataramanan <th...@gmail.com>.
Chuck:

Thanks. The follow-up questions begs to be asked. In the absence of webapp,
how can I manage the Tomcat instance? Is the 5.5 Admin tool functionality
provided by the Manager application?

> I presume that I can run that under 6.0.10. Please let me know if my
> assumption is right.

The 5.5 admin will not run under 6.0, and there is no admin webapp for
6.0 (at least not for the time being.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.