Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Puneet Pawaia <pu...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/17 15:53:26 UTC

Solr-839 and version 4.5 (XmlQueryParser)

Hi All,

Not being a Java expert, I used Daniel Collins' modification to patch with
version 4.0 source. It works for a start. Have not been able to test much.

Next, I tried the same modifications with Solr 4.6.0. This throws up 2
errors.

I resolved
public Query parse() throws ParseException {
by changing to
public Query parse() throws SyntaxError {

However, I am not able to get the second error resolved.
SolrQueryParser lparser;
CoreParser parser = new CoreParser(getReq().getSchema().getQueryAnalyzer(),
lparser);

CoreParser does not take SolrQueryParser as its parameter. It asks for
QueryParser.

Is there something I am missing or should be doing that I am not doing?

TIA

Regards
Puneet

Re: Solr-839 and version 4.5 (XmlQueryParser)

Posted by Puneet Pawaia <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Just in case it is of use to anyone, I managed to compile the 4.0 patch by
changing the line where new CoreParser is created to below.

CoreParser parser = new CoreParser(defaultField,
getReq().getSchema().getQueryAnalyzer());

The parser seems to work for the simple tests that I have done so far.

Regards
Puneet

Posted by Daniel Collins <da...@gmail.com>.