Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hajo Locke <ha...@gmx.de> on 2012/03/20 13:35:16 UTC

[users@httpd] german umlauts in filename

Hello List,

i have some files with german umlauts ö ä ü in filename and want to request
them by http.
filename is coded in latin1, in console/ftp etc. all works well and looks
good.
when requesting file ü.txt i see this error in log:
File does not exist: \xc3\xbc.txt

It just works if i recode charset of filename with convmv to utf8.
convmv -f latin1 -t utf8 ü.txt --notest

I cant do this for all my files.
Is there a way to help apache find the file even if its filename is coded
not in utf8?

Thanks,
Hajo

Re: [users@httpd] german umlauts in filename

Posted by Hajo Locke <ha...@gmx.de>.
> You could try rewriting utf-8 representation of umlaut [or other
> common char people type into the URL directly] into your local
> codepage representation.

this works. is not my preferred solution for this but it works for now. i
will fix my ftp-server to store filenames utf8

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hajo Locke <ha...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.