Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/06/14 22:51:54 UTC

Fixing forrest generation.....

Hi:
Sorry for the delay, I needed to make somethings at work. Anyway, there is
the fix:

Requisites:
Lastest forrest in CVS (it is the same as we tried today morning in CST).

Just delete the directory: $OJB_HOME/forrest/build

Full clean and rebuild, it must work now.

BTW, while checking the build.xml in OJB, I found the line 154:

<mkdir dir="${build.doc}"/>

is not needed at all, we can just remove this line.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Fixing forrest generation.....

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.
Brian McCallister wrote:

> Updated site =)

Brian, could you make a clean javadoc/forrest run please ? At least the
new javadoc stylesheet is missing.

Tom

Re: Fixing forrest generation.....

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi Armin:
>
> A recent CVS commit in forrest maybe solved the problem, please update it.

Nope, it doesn't. I think the fix was based on Krysalis style only.
It's a great pity, because IMO we need this feature urgently. Hope it
will be fixed in near future.
Thanks for the hint.

regards,
Armin

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi Armin:

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Armin Waibel dijo:

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
Updated, though the API documention (javadoc) is broken.

I don't have time to look into it right now, unfortunately. If someone
can take the time to see why I keep getting rc6 docs in the forrest
site I'd appreciate it it.

Ditto why the images don't work in the javadocs, and the title is
broken.

Thanks,
Brian

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
does the website ant task update this? I don't want to release 1.0rc7.1
=)

-Brian

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Brian,

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
Updated site =)

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Thomas Dudziak wrote:
>> BTW, Is OJB using a customized forrest skin?
>

> I was under the impression that we're using a standard Tigris skin, but
> Armin will know exactly.

It's standard Tigris + some CSS changes for code, codefrag, ... elements
and color settings in skinconf.xml.

For example in orginal Tigris skin the code sections are not emphasised
we use a grey background.

regards,
Armin

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> The interferece was because we were copying all the forrest dir to the new
> location. Including the "build/temp" dir, where forrest store some
> prebuilded stuff.

Ah, I see.

> Between the snapshot used before from some weeks ago and
> the lastest forrest CVS stuf, there was a very important change in
> forrest:
>
> The upgrade of Cocoon to 2.1.5 and it causes a lot of changes on the
> pregenerated temp files including a lot of changed libs. That is why the
> error was too weird and also explain why is so simple the solution to this
> problem.
>
> BTW, the titles are fixed as well as good rendered HTML pages, but not the
> PDF files. :(

I've noticed the HTML pages are better now :-) We should have everybody
check all browsers (and PDF readers ?) out there to see whether it's
good now.

> I already posted on the forrest dev list about the problem on the PDF
> generation. Hopefully, someone can help us there. If not I will try
> tomorrow to check where is the problem with it.

That'd be great! PDF without borders is way ugly.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Thomas Dudziak dijo:

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
> Sorry for the delay, I needed to make somethings at work. Anyway, there is
> the fix:
>
> Requisites:
> Lastest forrest in CVS (it is the same as we tried today morning in CST).
>
> Just delete the directory: $OJB_HOME/forrest/build

Mhm, that's strange, I changed building so that forrest does not use
this directory anymore (it now builds in target/doc). I wonder why it
interfered ?

> Full clean and rebuild, it must work now.

It does, I just checked out Forrest and there were no problems.

> BTW, while checking the build.xml in OJB, I found the line 154:
>
> <mkdir dir="${build.doc}"/>
>
> is not needed at all, we can just remove this line.

I'll remove it.

Tom