Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Jamo Smith <ja...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/02 05:04:23 UTC

Maven Torque Plugin Status

The versions, dev, rc1, and rc2 of the maven-torque-plugin on ibiblio
refer to the dependency torque-gen-3.1.1-dev.jar.  I can not figure
out where this dependency is supposed to be accessible.  Even using
the the remote repo list in the pom of the plugin itself I can't find
this dependcy.

Have the development efforts towards the maven plugin been dropped?
There is a lot of awesome code in that project that is just begging to
be utilized.

--
Jamo Smith

Re: Fwd: Maven Torque Plugin Status

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Jamo Smith <ja...@gmail.com> writes:

>I am using maven-torque-plugin.3.1.1-rc3 in a project using maven.
>I'm receiving an error that reports that torque can not find
>database.dtd in the root folder of the project.

This is 99% sure a typo in the dtd definition of your schema file. If
you match the correct database definition, the DTD will be loaded from
the torque jar.

>Additionally, do you know of any open source projects that use the
>torque plugin with maven?

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/

	Regards
		Henning

                                    Open Source Software Development"

Re: Fwd: Maven Torque Plugin Status

Posted by Jamo Smith <ja...@gmail.com>.
I am using maven-torque-plugin.3.1.1-rc3 in a project using maven.
I'm receiving an error that reports that torque can not find
database.dtd in the root folder of the project.

I read the properties documentation and viewed an output of
ant:echoproperties to try to troubleshoot this problem myself.  Since
it is unreasonable to put database.dtd in the root of the project
folder, where/how can I override this setting?

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Jamo Smith wrote:

>I still receive the dependency issue as mentioned earlier this month.
>This occured after running maven jar:jar for the maven-plugin.
>Curious as to when this will be addressed in CVS or in a release.

Try running maven plugin:install for the maven-plugin.

>torque-gen-3.2-dev.jar (try downloading from
>http://db.apache.org/torque/generator/)
>
>the torque maven-plugin refers to this nonexistant jar

Still snowed under in my day job.

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Fwd: Maven Torque Plugin Status

Re: Maven Torque Plugin Status

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Jamo Smith wrote:

>The versions, dev, rc1, and rc2 of the maven-torque-plugin on ibiblio
>refer to the dependency torque-gen-3.1.1-dev.jar.  I can not figure
>out where this dependency is supposed to be accessible.  Even using
>the the remote repo list in the pom of the plugin itself I can't find
>this dependcy.

This is fixed in cvs and will be addressed in rc3 when I can find time
to release it.

>Have the development efforts towards the maven plugin been dropped?
>There is a lot of awesome code in that project that is just begging to
>be utilized.

Not at all - it will be released with corrections when time becomes
available.

Scott