Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Wayne <wa...@play3dpool.com> on 2007/07/25 11:51:08 UTC

Any way to turn off the 'Unexpected subelement' message - read to understand...

Hi there,

I've used WSDL2Java (Axis2) to generate my code using a WSDL that is
supplied by a rather large company that I have no control over.

However when I use the service that they expose they don't send some
elements if they are empty (in their system). However in their WSDL they
don't say these elements do not have the minOccurs="0" attribute. There
when I receive the response the code throws the dreaded unexpected
subelement exception.

So there is no way I can change the WSDL unless I do it manually  -
which I don't want to do every time they send a upadate.

Is there any way to stop Axis from doing this? ie just ignore and carry
on parsing the response? Any pointers much appecriated as I'm a newbe here.
Thanks

Re: Any way to turn off the 'Unexpected subelement' message - read to understand...

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
Added a new option to switch off the strict validation.
use -Eosv option (off strict validation)

with this option on ADB treat every element has a minOccurs=0 attribute on
it.
i.e it accepts empty requests and on the other hand ADB user can set null to
any varialble as well.
(in earlier case an ADB user can set a null value to a variable only if in
the schema it has declared as
nillable true or minOccurs=0.)

please have a look at with a nighly build.

Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Any way to turn off the 'Unexpected subelement' message - read to understand...

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Any way to turn off the 'Unexpected subelement' message - read to understand...

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.