Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com> on 2013/08/07 19:01:28 UTC

Ubuntu on CS4.0.2 + XS6.0.2

Hi All,
I have created an ubuntu 12.04.2 template (created on an XCP 1.5 machine)
and am having inconsistent behavior.  Sometimes it starts sometimes it
doesn't.  Is there a particular OS Type that works best for ubuntu 12.04
since it is not in the dropdown?  I was using "Other Ubuntu 64". Would
"Other PV 64" or "Ubuntu 10.10 64" be better?  Is there something else I
should be looking for?

thanks,
Carlos

Re: Ubuntu on CS4.0.2 + XS6.0.2

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.
It will likely depend on the XenServer version.  If the version you are
using supports Ubuntu 12.04, CloudStack will likely boot the VM in PV
mode.  To be sure you can always use the Other PV types since that
should force the VM to boot in PV mode on any XenServer version.

Best regards,
Kirk

Re: Ubuntu on CS4.0.2 + XS6.0.2

Posted by Carlos Reategui <ca...@reategui.com>.