Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Iqbal, Aftab" <Af...@deri.org> on 2010/09/06 17:50:54 UTC

mailing list archives and bugs data of Apache Maven for academic research evaluation !

Dear Maven developers,

I am a PhD student at DERI (http://www.deri.ie), Galway, Ireland. I am carrying out research to address issues in
software development processes and how to make software development and specially its management efficient[1]. For the
evaluation of our research, i am looking for data (mailing list archives, bug trackers, source code, subversion logs) of an open source, long live projects of Apache. For my evaluation, i have listed down 5 Apache projects and Apache Maven is one of them.

Although, I have found the Web access to the subversion repository of Apache Maven but i haven't found the links to the mbox archives and database dump of the Bug Tracker of Apache Maven development to carry out my research evaluation.

I would like to know if there is a link from which i can download the mailing lists archives of Maven developer mailing list ? Is it also possible to get the database dump of Maven bugs ?

Your help will be highly appreciated and i will be very happy to share the results of our evaluation with you.

If this mailing list is not intended for this email then please guide me to whom i can contact for it.

thanks and looking forward for your kind response.

regards
Aftab Iqbal
http://www.deri.ie/about/team/member/aftab_iqbal/

[1] http://sw-app.org/pub/seke09-ld2sd.pdf

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
In the case of JIRA, you can pull everything you need via the API.

You might also want to read You might want to read
http://www.1060.org/blogxter/entry?publicid=E47B0A97528CCD973524C9A938A2E8D9
to help you understand why you're probably not going to get a database dump.

Justin

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

http://maven.apache.org/mail/

--
Wendy

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 07/09/2010, at 11:27 AM, Iqbal, Aftab wrote:

> Hi Ed,
>
>> Links to both of these are available on the home page of the project:
>> http://maven.apache.org/
>
> Before writing an email to the Maven developers list, i looked at the Apache Maven home page and what i got from their is :
>
> the mail archives are available only through the Web interface and are not downloadable. I am looking for monthly generated mailbox archives which i can download and can parse locally (some Apache projects also hosted such mailbox archives which can be downloaded). Unfortunately, i didnt find a link from where i can download the mail archives. If there exists any link, i would highly appreciate if someone points me to it.

http://maven.apache.org/mail/

> Same is the case with bugs data of Apache Maven, i would highly appreciate if someone helps me to give access to the database dump of bug tracker so that i can install the bug tracker locally populated with Apache Maven bugs in order to my research evaluation.

Given the nature of obtaining this (as hundreds of projects are in the same database), I don't believe this is possible.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org