Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Damaji Kalunge <da...@technogise.com> on 2022/07/26 10:22:52 UTC

Preserve encryption after filling out the editable PDF.

Hi Team,
     We have encrypted Editable PDF and our requirement is to fill that
editable pdf by preserving the same encryption.
 Approach :

 Step 1:

   - Read PDF File .
      - if encrypted  remove encryption

>    -    pDDocument.setAllSecurityToBeRemoved(true);

   -  Fill the editable PDF using  *PDAcroForm*
      -  Save *filled editable  PDF*
   -  Step 2:
      - Read Filled editable PDF file.
      -
*Want add encryption/permission  same as original PDF  *
      - *save filled editable PDF with original *

*encryption/permission . *

  Can you please help out with this using Apache PDFBOX ?
Thanks
Damaji

Re: Preserve encryption after filling out the editable PDF.

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 26.07.2022 um 12:22 schrieb Damaji Kalunge:
> Hi Team,
>       We have encrypted Editable PDF and our requirement is to fill that
> editable pdf by preserving the same encryption.
>   Approach :
>
>   Step 1:
>

>     - Read PDF File .
>        - if encrypted  remove encryption
>

>>     -    pDDocument.setAllSecurityToBeRemoved(true);
>>

>     -  Fill the editable PDF using  *PDAcroForm*
>        -  Save *filled editable  PDF*
>     -  Step 2:
>        - Read Filled editable PDF file.
>        -
> *Want add encryption/permission  same as original PDF  *
>        - *save filled editable PDF with original *
>
> *encryption/permission . *
>
>    Can you please help out with this using Apache PDFBOX ?

You need to know what the original encryption was, and reuse the
passwords (user and owner).

An alternative would be to use incremental saving, but this is tricky as
it requires some knowledge of the COS model.

See the testSaveIncrementalAfterSign method in TestCreateSignature.java
in the source code download.

Tilman