Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> on 2005/03/17 10:57:51 UTC

Tapestry Forum instead of mailing list?

Hi.

Anyone seeing a need for Tapestry having forum instead of mailing list?
Lately, it seems to me there are about 50-60 posts daily here, and it
becomes a bit cumbersome, don't you think? Let alone bad searching
capabilities....
Spring and Hibernate rock with their forums; usability is much, much better
that mailing lists....

-Vjeran

Re: Workbench source code location

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
Maybe it was down only for a short while.  I found it just now at

http://archive.apache.org/dist/jakarta/tapestry/Tapestry-3.0.2-bin.zip

Posted by Henrik Vendelbo <hv...@bluprints.com>.

Re: Support for dynamic (pdf) pages

Posted by Ron Piterman <mp...@vollbio.de>.
ציטוט Andreas Vombach:
> Yes, I've seen this and (one of) the advantages is that there is the
> Image component to be used. I've tried with the Insert component with
> success but the question remains:
>
> - how to open the content in a new page rather than the current one
> especially if it is a PDF page to be displayed?
>
> Cheers Andreas

just add a target (informal) attribute to your Direct/Page/BlaLink
component.

Re: Support for dynamic (pdf) pages

Posted by "Scott F. Walter" <sc...@scottwalter.com>.
Andreas Vombach wrote:

> I would like to use jasper reports with tapestry & tomcat. On choosing
> a report jasper will create it in HTML or PDF format and make it
> available e.g. as a byte[] array. This shall be streamed out on
> (preferred) a new dynamic page or embedded in the current one. Can I
> use IMarkupWriter for this? I'm thankful for any hint ...
>
> Cheers Andreas

I will be doing this shortly and the way I was thinking was similar to
how the workbench application handles graphs w/ JFreeChart.  Basically
create a new servicce that can handle the binary content.  Look at the
sample Workbench application for the Chart page.

scott.

Support for dynamic (pdf) pages

Posted by Andreas Vombach <an...@psi.ch>.
well, I would prefer a forum - my mail account runs out of space each
time I'm not in office for a week ...
Search capabilities of a forum are alo a point for me.

Cheers Andreas

Posted by Gabe <gh...@ekosystems.com>.
I'm a noob but I wanted to mention that the hibernate forums are great
because:

(1) Because of its large user base, a mailing list would spam you an
incredible amount of email. Alot of which may not interest you.
(2) If you post on a topic you are notified, via email if someone
responds on that topic.
(3) You can choose to watch a topic, and are notified via email if
someone responds on that topic.
(4) Searchability is pretty good now on the forums, in past versions of
phpBB its been not so great. (Not sure if they use a patched version).
(5) View unanswered posts option. This is good for more admin like
people who want good "coverage" on user questions.
(6) Web accessable and searchable, for people who don't have nntp
access. You could search your mail, but only up to when you joined.

I'm not advocating either one, both are cool with me, but I feel I have
to respond to forum bashing :).

-gabe

Posted by Ron Piterman <mp...@vollbio.de>.

Posted by Markus Eberle <ma...@tngtech.com>.
On Thursday 17 March 2005 10:57, Vjeran Marcinko wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Anyone seeing a need for Tapestry having forum instead of mailing list?
> Lately, it seems to me there are about 50-60 posts daily here, and it
> becomes a bit cumbersome, don't you think? Let alone bad searching
> capabilities....
> Spring and Hibernate rock with their forums; usability is much, much better
> that mailing lists....

In which way is a forum better than my mail-client in which i could see every
thread at once?
Read the messages offline, sort and search for everything i like?

If you don' t like your mail-client perhaps try http://gmane.org/ .

Cheers,
	Markus