Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Tridev Kodamasingh <Tr...@cramer.com> on 2003/12/09 16:48:24 UTC

xtags, xsl, xml, jsp

Hi,

I am trying to apply "xslt"  to a xml document through xtags inside a jsp
page.
I am using the foolwing tag for the purpose.
	<xtags:style xml="/xml/workorder.xml"  xsl="/xml/workorder.xsl"  />

For this to work, as per the documentation in
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/xtags-doc/index.html,
I  have downloaded xalan.jar, crimson.jar and jaxp-api.jar ( which comes
with java web services pack 1.3).

But all the time, get the following  error.
	"org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: stylesheet requires 	attribute:
version "
If I add a semicolon at the end of
	xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl'
 then it gives other error tellin that whitespace is required before
attribute.

1. Is there any dependencies between particular versions of xtag, xalan ,
crimpson and jaxp ??
2. Am I doing something wrong here ?? (hopefully not.. :))
Would appreciate a lot , if any clue can be given to me on this ..

my style sheet starts with this . note that xsl is not complete by anymeans.
workorder.xsl
	<?xml version='1.0'?>
   <xsl:stylesheet  xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl'  version='2.0'>
   <xsl:script LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><![CDATA[
               var oldtimeslotid = 0;
	       function IsUniqueTimeslot(node) {
	       var newtimeslotid;
               newtimeslotid = node.getAttribute("ID");

	       if (newtimeslotid != oldtimeslotid){
		   oldtimeslotid = newtimeslotid;
		   return true;
               }
 	      else{
		  return false;
              }
	     }

]]></xsl:script>

  <xsl:template match="/">

	<HTML>

	<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
        <xsl:comment>
        <![CDATA[
    		var g_flag = 0;
    		function Down() {
		}

              ]]>
        </xsl:comment>
        </SCRIPT>

	<STYLE>
		TD {font-size:10pt}
	</STYLE>

	   <TITLE>Workorder Information</TITLE>

	   <BODY BACKGROUND="/dimension/images/backgrnd.gif"
onMouseDown="clearrightclick()" onMouseOut="window.status='NOTHING';">
		<TABLE  BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="3" CELLSPACING="0">
			<TH  bgcolor="#77AADD" color="#FFFFFF"><FONT
SIZE="4" COLOR="WHITE" FACE="arial">Details</FONT></TH>
		</TABLE>
		<BR />

		<xsl:apply-templates/>
	   </BODY>
	</HTML>

  </xsl:template>

Thanks
Tridev

Re: xtags, xsl, xml, jsp

Posted by Martin van Dijken <su...@windgazer.nl>.
Hey Tridev,

Try using the standard taglib instead of the xtags taglib. Standard is
just that, the JSTL standard and I'm not 100% certain xtags is still
being maintained.

Grtz,

Martin