Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/15 12:48:25 UTC

[REPORT] Synapse

[Apologies if there are two copies of this]

Notable Happenings:
------------------------------
We voted in two new committers: Asanka Abeysinghe and Afhkam Azeez.
We registered two ports (8280 and 8243) as with IANA

Releases
-------------
We haven't done a release since the last board report, but we expect
to do one before the next board report.

Community
----------------
We believe the community is continuing to grow in terms of mailing
list traffic, JIRA contributions, patches. We continue to have an
excellent relationship with the HTTPComponents project and wish to
thank them for all the help and assistance they have given Synapse
with our HTTP transports.

Export controls
We have now done our TSU notification and the latest release has the
correct documentation.
The next release will ship with the BouncyCastle JAR that excludes the
patented IDEA algorithm.

--
Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2