Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com> on 2012/03/26 17:49:02 UTC

AjaxIndicatingDropDownChoice

I found another user's code for an Ajax-Busy-Indicator DropDownChoice:

http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Wicket-extensions-AjaxIndicatingDropdownChoice-td3088554.html

but how do I use this code? When I construct the DropDown, I need to give it
an extra parameter, a MarkupContainer. What is it, and how is it
initialized?

Also: do I need to do anything in my HTML, such as any "busy-indicator"
JavaScript, or does this class take care of everything?

My goal is to have a DropDownChoice which gives a 'busy' indicator when it
processes an AJAX request.

Thanks.

RE: AjaxIndicatingDropDownChoice

Posted by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks, good solution.

RE: AjaxIndicatingDropDownChoice

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
> How do I change the cursor to Wait as long as the spinner is also spinning?

Use CSS (cursor: progress;) for the element used as the busy indicator, either on id or on class with or without the :hover pseudoclass.

- Tor Iver

Re: AjaxIndicatingDropDownChoice

Posted by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com>.
Disregard. I got everything to work by implementing IAjaxIndicatorAware.

My only remaining question is this: I see the spinner, but my cursor is
still Auto rather than Wait (Hourglass).

Posted by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry, to clarify:

This guy defines AjaxIndicatingDropDownChoice as an abstract class. Why is
it abstract? I want to be able to add it to my form like a regular dropdown
choice.

And why isn't this component already available in Wicket?