Posted to user@poi.apache.org by bhavya <bh...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/15 17:52:20 UTC

appending text to XSSFRichTextString

Hi,

I am reading text from cell of an .xlsx file.
OS is UBUNTU, POI version: 3.10
Now I want to append a string to the rich text read from the cell without
loosing the fonts applied to the text in cell [either cell level or the
string level]. Please help.

Below is the code snippet I have tried:

		File fis = new File(filePathName);
		XSSFWorkbook workbook = new XSSFWorkbook(fis.getAbsolutePath());
	    	XSSFSheet sheet = workbook.getSheetAt(0);

		OPCPackage opcPackage = OPCPackage.open(fis.getAbsolutePath());
		XSSFWorkbook wb = new XSSFWorkbook(opcPackage);
		CellReference cellReference = new CellReference(cellName);
		XSSFRow row = sheet.getRow(cellReference.getRow());
		XSSFCell cell = row.getCell(cellReference.getCol());

		XSSFRichTextString cellText = cell.getRichStringCellValue();

System.out.println(cell.getRichStringCellValue().getFontAtIndex(0).getBold());
// true
        	XSSFRichTextString cellText1 = new XSSFRichTextString("a");
        	XSSFRichTextString s3 = new XSSFRichTextString(cellText.getString()
+ cellText1.getString());

        	cell.setCellValue(s3);
        	XSSFRichTextString cellText2 = cell.getRichStringCellValue();
        	System.out.println(cellText2.getFontAtIndex(0).getItalic()); //
throwing null pointer exception