Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/07 19:59:14 UTC

Re: Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster

Hi HBase Folks,

I ran the bulk loader yesterday night to load data in a table. During the
bulk loading job one of the region server crashed and the entire job
failed. It takes around 2.5 hours for this job to finish and the job failed
when it was at around 50% complete. After the failure that table was also
corrupted in HBase. My cluster has 8 region servers.

Is bulk loading not fault tolerant to failure of region servers?

I am using this old email chain because at that time my question went
unanswered. Please share your views.

Thanks,
Anil Gupta

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

I knew this would be your next response. :) However, as i said earlier this
cluster is for HBase. At present, I only use MR for loading data.

Thanks,
Anil

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Anil,

Posted by Anil Gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Anil,

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stack,

Thanks for answering my question.  I admit that i am unable to run
MR2(YARN) job in an efficient way on my cluster due to a major bug in YARN
which is not letting me set the right configuration for MapReduce jobs.

The RS's are dying with LeaseExpiredExceptions or YouAreDeadException
because of overload on the slaves due to improper YARN conf . Once the MR
job finishes then HBase performance is OK. I am not using this cluster for
performance metrics because we wont be using virtualization in our
production.

My purpose of this email post was to know whether Bulk Loading is fault
tolerant to RS failures or not. You answer is sufficient for clearing my
doubts.

Thanks,
Anil

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Anil,

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,