Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by leerho <le...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/16 02:45:26 UTC

Draft Report for Nov, Dec, Jan

Folks,
This is my first cut at a draft report that needs to be completed by Feb
5th End-of-day.

Please, please -- feel free to edit, revise or add comments.

Whimsy and other tool expect the report to formatted in a certain way so
please make sure that you try to:
        • Keep all lines under 76 characters long.
        • All content under the ### headings should be indented by two
spaces. Do not use tabs.
        • Please don't change the text in the headings or add new ones.
        • Include a space after a bullet point or full stop on a numbered
list.
        • Use [X] (X and no spaces) to sign off reports.

It might be easier if you give me the section and text you want to edit or
add to and I will merge it into a master markdown.

Thanks!

Lee.

Re: Draft Report for Nov, Dec, Jan

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
This is the latest revision of our Quarterly Report for February, due Feb
4th.

Lee.

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Evans,

> [...]

>>> (3) Chair just submits. Podlings have no Chair and Mentors must approve.
>>>
>>> Since not enough is happening I suggest (1) in order to work towards
>>> using dev@. We have a few weeks. Absolutely the best reports are those
>>> that come from the whole community. The Board lives reports that frankly
>>> discuss what is happening in the community: events, releases, new
>>> contributors, development velocity or stagnation, etc. Challenges and what
>>> the (P)PMC members are doing to address them.
>>>
>>> Any of the above methods will be visible to any of the 700+ Apache
>>> Software Foundation Members Including future members. These are archived
>>> and it’s not recorded who accesses the archives. Public mailing lists are
>>> archived by others outside of the ASF. Someone might look in 15 years in
>>> any of the mailing lists. I know I have looked at some project’s archives.

From my cell phone.

Re: Draft Report for Nov, Dec, Jan

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
Hi -

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Thaler <Ju...@georgetown.edu>.
The updated Quarterly Report draft mentions more substantive discussions on
the dev list about the growing TODO list.

Following the migration to Apache, I'm not sure that there is a mechanism
set up now to easily track the TODO list? If that's correct, perhaps
settling on such a mechanism should be a priority.

Justin

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi -