Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com> on 2013/03/27 07:19:22 UTC

HBase access

Any plans of providing secure HBase access through Knox. Does it make sense
to provide that?

Thanks
Devaraj

Re: HBase access via Stargate (KNOX-8)

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
Created jira
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KNOX-8
to consider using Stargate as the REST API for accessing HBase via Knox.
Kevin.

Re: HBase access

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: HBase access

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
Devaraj,

Re: HBase access

Posted by Kevin Minder <ke...@hortonworks.com>.
Yes.  I'm trying to get the current bits to a releasable state then I'm
going to look into providing access to both HBase and Hive through
Knox.  I need to understand more about the access patterns and protocols
for both of these components.