Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net> on 2007/02/28 17:39:27 UTC

Shop Layout

Hi all!

I just wonder if there is any documentation that would help me to get
started on adapting the layout of a shop in OFBiz to the style a
customer (not the customer of the shop, my customer, which is the
company running the shop) wants to see.

I think I have understood the idea of the FreeMarker template files as
such and about content elements that I should create in the database
such as Catalogs, Products, whatever. So the task would obviously be to
customize that ftl templates.

Now there are many of them, if I count the storefront, seaches, the
shopping card, even forums, ... Fortunately customizing for me will be a
log about getting rid of stuff as my customer is going to run a quite
simple store with a limited number of products, no polls, no promotions,
no forums, ...

But nevertheless, is there any document which I might have overlooked
which is explaining the sample shop that comes with OFBiz and how the
.ftl files are nested? Or would I be on my own finding this out by using
the source?

Regards,
Torsten

Re: Shop Layout

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@gmx.net>.
David,

will do. Just wanted to be sure this is the way to do it!

Regards,
Torsten

Re: Shop Layout

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.