Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org> on 2021/12/24 17:22:51 UTC

Happy holidays all

Hi all,

Happy holidays all. :-)

It’s been another great year of quarterly Apache NetBeans releases. In the
coming year, we’re looking forward to and can expect:

1. Better start up experience via direct integration of nb-javac into
Apache NetBeans.

2. Whole number releases, i.e., the next release will be 13, then 14, then
15, etc.

3. Better start up experience via bundling of OpenJDK with Apache NetBeans,
which can’t be done as part of Apache because of the licensing of the
OpenJDK, and will be hosted below, at least:

https://www.codelerity.com/netbeans/

The above developments, all of which have been discussed at length or at
least mentioned on the dev mailing list several times (please join that
list if you’re not on it yet), together will put Apache NetBeans in a
strong position to offer a more complete and coherent basis for further
contributions and usage in developer communities.

Thanks all for your involvement and support for this project, for some of
you over many years indeed. :-)

Kind regards,

Gj

PMC Chair

Re: Happy holidays all

Posted by Owen Thomas <ow...@gmail.com>.
I have used IntelliJ and Eclipse, and after not much of that, I went back
to NetBeans for my Java projects because I still think NetBeans is the best
IDE for Java Developers. Have a great year ahead.

Re : Re: Happy holidays all

Posted by Jerome Lelasseux <le...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
And another thank you for all the Apache Netbeans team.
Jerome

Envoyé depuis Yahoo Mail pour iPhone

Le vendredi, décembre 24, 2021, 6:47 PM, jose.rodriguez@cenpalab.cu a écrit :

December 24, 2021 12:23 PM, "Geertjan Wielenga" <ge...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Happy holidays all. :-)
>
> It’s been another great year of quarterly Apache NetBeans releases. In the coming year, we’re
> looking forward to and can expect:

Thanks Geertjan and likewise to you and all here on the list.

I would like to also take the time to thank all those involved with the Apache Netbeans project for the good work that you put into my goto IDE for java. Specially since I had to step back from participating as a tester a while back due to my own work load.

Regards,
Joe1962

Re: Happy holidays all

Posted by jo...@cenpalab.cu.