Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ryan P <ry...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/24 12:25:48 UTC

[Discussion] KIP-473: Add sasl login callback handler support to KafkaLog4jAppender

Apologies in advance if this thread makes it across your desk more than
once. I tried the "Start a new discussion" feature in the UI but it did not
appear to work. As such I went ahead and started this thread the old
fashioned way.

KIP-425 adds SASL support to the KafkaLog4jAppender however it does not
include the credential handling improvements added with KIP-86. This is a
proposal is to expose `sasl.login.callback.handler.class` for use by the
underlying producer.

KIP-473
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-473%3A+Enable+KafkaLog4JAppender+to+use+SASL+Authentication+Callback+Handlers

KIP-425