Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Glenn Golden <gg...@umich.edu> on 2002/03/20 18:28:58 UTC

New Portlet Control Button

I need to add an additional button to the right of "maximize", which
essentially maximizes to a new window.

The HTML is pretty clear (target), but I think I might have to "fix" how
maximize works so it's "scoped" to a browser window, not to the user's
session (so the separate windows can be maximized and not maximized at the
same time).

I'd like to do this work as part of Jetspeed, and have it checked into the
1.3a3 effort.

Do we want this?

- Glenn

 <ma...@umich.edu> ggolden@umich.edu               734-615-1419
 <http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/>
http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~ggolden/

Re: New Portlet Control Button

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Suggestion:

Use the parameter "_MaximizeToPopup" to define the behavior of the
Maximize button.  This keeps down the number of buttons on the title
bar.  If parameter is false, then the current behavior is maintained.
If true then the portlet will be maximized in a NAMED window, i.e.
target="JetspeedMaximizedPortlet".

Alternate solution:
Remind the users that the maximize link can be opened in an new window
by using the clicking the maximize icon with the right-mouse button
depressed and selecting "Open in new window" from the menu.

Paul Spencer