Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by "Junheng Cui (崔俊珩)" <cu...@inspur.com> on 2017/08/10 06:56:31 UTC

Atlas issues about 0.9 release

Dear Atlas development team,

I am a SW engineer working at Inspur China. Now I am using Atlas for data
government. But I hava some questions, may I ask you about that?

1. The Atlas version 0.9 is in development phase, I can see the version
0.9-SNAPSHOT published on your website and then where can I get the 0.9
package?

  And when will the 0.9 formal release be published?

2. I see the 0.9 version will support Spark Integration, NiFi Integration
and so on in “cwiki” page, but in the 0.9-incubating issues page, I don’t
see these features.

  So will the 0.9 version support them?

The Atlas is a very useful program for data government, it helps my company
so much.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Junheng Cui

  _____

Software Development Engineer of R&D Center of INSPUR SOFTWARE Co., Ltd

Address:1036 Langchao Road, Jinan, Shandong Province, China

Re: Atlas issues about 0.9 release

Posted by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org>.
Junheng, Ismaël,

    > 1. The Atlas version 0.9 is in development phase, I can see the version
    > 0.9-SNAPSHOT published on your website and then where can I get the 0.9
    > package?
0.9 version is still under development in the master branch. Only after it is released, 0.9 libraries will be available. The latest release version is 0.8.1, from branch-0.8.

    >   And when will the 0.9 formal release be published?
Next release from master branch is likely to be in February/March 2018. Before this release from master branch, there might be another release from branch-0.8.

    > 2. I see the 0.9 version will support Spark Integration, NiFi Integration
    > and so on in “cwiki” page, but in the 0.9-incubating issues page, I don’t
    > see these features.
    >
    >   So will the 0.9 version support them?
NiFi integration – likely to be available in the next release from master. It is not clear whether Spark integration will make it though.

>    Extra question, what are the goals of the Atlas 0.9 release (what will
>    be the main points)?
- we plan to move to Hadoop-3,  HBase-2, JanusGraph; probably higher version of Solr & Kafka
- features: relationship as a first-class type, tag-propagation, HBase hook, search improvements, Open Metadata and Governance items

>    We wrote an integration of Atlas that uses the v1 of the API, so we
 >   would also like to know if the v1 API will still be available for 0.9.
Yes. V1 API will be available; but new functionalities like relationships, tag-propagation will only be available via V2 APIs.

Apologies for the delayed response to your questions.

Regards,
Madhan

On 8/16/17, 3:17 AM, "Ismaël Mejía" <ie...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Extra question, what are the goals of the Atlas 0.9 release (what will
    be the main points)?

    We wrote an integration of Atlas that uses the v1 of the API, so we
    would also like to know if the v1 API will still be available for 0.9.

    Regards,
    Ismaël

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.