Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Noble Long <nl...@zethcon.com> on 2001/10/13 02:08:55 UTC

jsp redirect problem under IIS

I have a jsp page that is either redirecting to other pages or displaying
output depending on the value of session variables(true in this case), which
by the way works fine under Tomcat (http://localhost:8080/). This is not
working under IIS using Tomcat as a servlet container. Here is some of the
jsp code -

String sInbOrd = (String)session.getValue("InbOrd");
  if(sInbOrd == null){
    sInbOrd = "N";
  }

  if(!sInbOrd.equals("Y"))
  {
   response.sendRedirect("../noSecurity.jsp");
  }
 %>

 Under IIS, it does not redirect to noSecurity.jsp instead it displays the
page I'm redirecting from -

HTTP/1.1 302 Found Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:58:08
GMT Content-Type: text/html Location:
http://localhost/WebSynapse/noSecurity.jsp Content-Length: 175
Servlet-Engine: Tomcat Web Server/3.2.1 (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.3.1;
Windows 2000 5.0 x86; java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Document moved

This document has moved here.

<Then the rest of the current page. Which should not be displayed since
there was a redirection.>
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Noble

Re: jsp redirect problem under IIS

Posted by Noble Long <nl...@zethcon.com>.
BTW, I am running IIS 5.0 under Windows 2000 which is not supported in the
documentation. This may be the problem, but all the jsp's and servlet are
working correctly besides this redirect problem.

Noble