Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Monsur Hossain <mo...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/17 18:52:08 UTC

Error when building latest Shindig

I'm trying to build the latest version of Shindig using 'mvn package', and
it is failing because it can't find shindig-common-1-SNAPSHOT.pom or
shindig-common-1-SNAPSHOT.jar.  I believe this was introduced by the change
to pom.xml in revision 649090.  Here's the full error:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Shindig Java Gadget Server
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
[INFO]
Downloading:
http://google-caja.googlecode.com/svn/maven/org/apache/shindig/shindig-common/1-SNAPSHOT/shindig-common-1-SNAPSHOT.pom
Downloading:
http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/code/maven/org/apache/shindig/shindig-common/1-SNAPSHOT/shindig-common-1-SNAPSHOT.pom
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/shindig/shindig-common/1-SNAPSHOT/shindig-common-1-SNAPSHOT.pom
Downloading:
http://google-caja.googlecode.com/svn/maven/org/apache/shindig/shindig-common/1-SNAPSHOT/shindig-common-1-SNAPSHOT.jar
Downloading:
http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/code/maven/org/apache/shindig/shindig-common/1-SNAPSHOT/shindig-common-1-SNAPSHOT.jar
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/shindig/shindig-common/1-SNAPSHOT/shindig-common-1-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.shindig:shindig-common:jar:1-SNAPSHOT

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.shindig
-DartifactId=shindig-common -Dversion=1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.shindig
-DartifactId=shindig-common -Dversion=1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.shindig:gadgets:jar:1-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.shindig:shindig-common:jar:1-SNAPSHOT

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.shindig:gadgets:jar:1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  oauth (http://oauth.googlecode.com/svn/code/maven),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  caja (http://google-caja.googlecode.com/svn/maven)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Apr 17 12:49:21 EDT 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 8M/97M
[INFO]

Re: Error when building latest Shindig

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.
Sorry Monsur - our java build is sorta going through some huge structural
changes right now. You should be able to do the following:

cd java
mvn install
cd gadgets
mvn jetty:run-war

(the first two steps are new introduced by a depedency on the "common"
package)

This may change again very shortly (as in today or tomorrow) which is why we
haven't updated the docs.
Sorry for the confusion, I hope that helps.

- Cassie

ps - make sure you do a mvn clean before you do this the first time