Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Andrea Lombardoni <an...@oneoverzero.net> on 2009/10/16 13:17:12 UTC

Document POI

Document POI is a Java application that allows you to create Excel (XLS) files
very easily, starting from an HTML-like template.

It is licensed under the LGPL.

You can find it here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/documentpoi/

Re: Re: Document POI

Posted by Matheus Mota <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrea!
Really interesting idea.

If you allow me, i want to make a suggestion:

I doesn't see any relation with POI, maybe you are just a POI "client", but
whatever.
Im saying that because you can use the same idea to create other types of
documents in the future. XLS is just one possibility.

For example: A app, or somebody, generate this HTML-like template and want
to see the data into a PDF or ODS or XLSX or
JEKS<http://www.eteks.com/jeks/en/> or
whatever, depending on the need. Instead call Document.generateXls(...)
only, you can call Document.generateXLSX(...) or Document.generateODS(...)
or Document.generate(Document.XLSX, ...).

Basicly, using your idea and you "framework", the app, or the programmer,
can now generate many types of documents, all based on the same xml. To do
that, you'll need to use a set of APIs, including POI. Take a look on the
pattern builder too.

 Let me know if I said something stupid or if I did not understand the idea
of the project.
Congratulations anyway, I think i'll use it =)

Matheus.

Re: Re: Document POI

Posted by Christophe Charles <ch...@gmail.com>.
I can't !? ;-(

2009/10/16 <RE...@qvc.com>

> You can find the files if you go to Project Feed (bottom). The revision
> number "1" is a link to the files...
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
> Reiner Kühl
>
> Reiner Kühl
> Application Developer
> IS&T EAD
>
> QVC Call Center GmbH & Co. KG
> Lise-Meitner-Allee 1
> 44801 Bochum
>
> Telefon
> +49 (0) 234-9732-2866
> Fax
> +49 (0) 234-9732-44 2866
>
> E-Mail
> reiner_kuehl@qvc.com
>

> http://www.qvc.de
>

> QVC - Ideen für mich!
>
> Amtsgericht Düsseldorf: HRA 13610
> Geschäftsführer der Komplementärin QVC Call Center Verwaltungs GmbH: Larry
> R. Hayes, Dr. Ulrich Flatten

> Informationen.
> Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich
> erhalten haben,
> informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail.
> Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist
> nicht gestattet.
>
> This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
> If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
> error)
> please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
> Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in
> this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

> Christophe Charles <ch...@gmail.com>
> 16.10.2009 13:46
> Bitte antworten an
> POI Users List <us...@poi.apache.org>
>

> An
> POI Users List <us...@poi.apache.org>
> Kopie
>
> Thema
> Re: Document POI
>

> no files ?
>
> 2009/10/16 Andrea Lombardoni <an...@oneoverzero.net>
>
> > Document POI is a Java application that allows you to create Excel (XLS)
> > files
> > very easily, starting from an HTML-like template.
> >
> > It is licensed under the LGPL.
> >
> > You can find it here:
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/documentpoi/

Antwort: Re: Document POI

Posted by RE...@QVC.COM.

Re: Document POI

Posted by Christophe Charles <ch...@gmail.com>.
no files ?

2009/10/16 Andrea Lombardoni <an...@oneoverzero.net>

> Document POI is a Java application that allows you to create Excel (XLS)
> files
> very easily, starting from an HTML-like template.
>
> It is licensed under the LGPL.
>
> You can find it here:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/documentpoi/

Antwort: Document POI

Posted by RE...@QVC.COM.
Interesting, Andrea. Not much to see yet, though.

What is the motivation for the HTML Templates? Why do we need this?

What is the relation to POI?

[...]

Gesendet von: news <ne...@ger.gmane.org>
16.10.2009 13:35
Bitte antworten an