Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeff Lanzarotta <la...@rogersltd.com> on 2004/03/02 18:48:17 UTC

Subversion 1.0 and Berkeley DB 4.0.14

Hello,

Let me give you a little background on the problem I am having.

I'm trying to get SVN 1.0 to run on Mandrake Linux 9.2. I downloaded and compiled the code against Berkeley DB 4.0.14. Here are the rpms I installed...

libdb4.0-devel-4.0.14-6mdk
libdb4.0-4.0.14-6mdk
libdbcxx4.0-4.0.14-6mdk
libdb4.1-4.1.25-3mdk
libdbtcl4.1-4.1.25-3mdk
libdbtcl4.0-4.0.14-6mdk
libdb4.0-static-devel-4.0.14-6mdk

Everything seemed to configure and compile just fine. I then run the SVN server with the following command:

'svnserve --daemon --root /home/xyz/svn/repositories'

Ok, so far so good. I imported my code that needs to version controled, which worked just fine. The problem is then I try and checkout the newly imported code. I get the following error:

Execute: Checkout
Error while performing action: Berkeley DB error while reading string for filesystem /home/xyz/svn/repositories/windss/db:
Input/output error