Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/25 17:43:03 UTC

putting flowscript in a debugger

Hi,

Are there any detailed instructions on how to put flowscript into a
debugger? I am using Cocoon 2.1.11 and it has been *very* frustrating to
work without the ability to trace the code.

I see this as a key limitation I am facing at present.

The instructions provided here do not seem to work for me...the
application loads as before and no debugging frame/view is visible.

thx
Paul

Rép. : RE: putting flowscript in a debugger

Posted by LIONEL BARTH <lb...@hachette-livre.fr>.
Hi Paul,

I use the flow debugger  exactly as the docs say.
As I use Apache Tomcat, I have to stop and restart Tomcat to get cocoon.xconf reloaded.
Maybe you have to same kind of step to do.

Regards,
Lionel

>>> Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com> 01/25/10 5:51 PM >>>
Maybe read through
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/howto/howto-flow-debugger.html  and see if
there are any differences.

Cheers,
Robby Pelssers

The instructions here do not seem to do anything:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.0/howto/howto-flow-debugger.html

Posted by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com>.
It seems the same other than the pictures...

Also, the configuration in 2.1.11 seems different--the "how to" page said:

<flow-interpreters default="JavaScript" logger="flow">
	<component-instance name="JavaScript"
		class="org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.JavaScriptInterpreter">
		  <load-on-startup>resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/system.js</load-on-startup>
		  <reload-scripts>true</reload-scripts>
		  <check-time>4000</check-time>
		  *<debugger>enabled</debugger>*  <!-- JavaScript Debugger support -->
	</component-instance>
</flow-interpreters>

whereas the cocoon.xconf says:

  <flow-interpreters default="javascript" logger="flow">
    <!-- FOM (Flow Object Model) -->
    <component-instance
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter"
name="javascript">

<load-on-startup>resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/fom_system.js</load-on-startup>
      <reload-scripts>${javascript.reload-scripts}</reload-scripts>
      <check-time>${javascript.check-time}</check-time>

Posted by Robby Pelssers <ro...@ciber.com>.
Maybe read through

Posted by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com>.