Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org> on 2019/11/16 07:44:24 UTC

Re: specific : WARNING

pt., 15 lis 2019 o 21:31 zahis Rahman <za...@gmail.com> napisał(a):
> WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
> WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.AbstractLocalizedTextProvider (file:/C:/Users/zahid/.m2/repository/org/apache/struts/struts2-
> core/2.5.20/struts2-core-2.5.20.jar) to field java.util.ResourceBundle.cacheList
> WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.AbstractLocalizedTextProvider
> WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
> WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Struts 2.5.x is not fully compatible with JDK11+, but soon we will
release a new version which should resolve the problem.

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: specific : WARNING : Redundant code

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
sob., 16 lis 2019 o 12:24 zahis Rahman <za...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> Thank you.
> I am just pleased that I found a JVM [JDK8 ] version which ensures stability in the underlying application dependency.
> IBM  are also  only releasing jdk8,  I suspect they are also waiting for the resolution.  The same error was appearing in Spring frame work..

Struts 2.5.22 was officially released so you can check it on Java 11

> Also I like to mention that the following code is redundant in the blank application template in Web.xml and  index.html due the way struts2 framework works.
>
> <welcome-file-list>
>     <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
> </welcome-file-list>

Hm... I recall some issues when request is FORWARDed, instead of a
pure request. I would left it as this is also a good documentation
like option.

Regard