Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Sarath Ambadas <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/09 13:06:15 UTC

[NET] FTP commons net 141 support for IPv6 - SocketException: Protocol family unavailable

Hi
I am trying to connect to a ftp server on IPv6 enabled machine. But its
failing to connect throwing SocketException.
Below are the details:
1. I am using Orenos 1.0.1 FTP server which is IP6 enabled. I used the steps
present in here to configure the ftp server
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-ftpipv6/index.html
2. I am using Windows 2003 server and I added Microsoft TCP/IP version6 to
enable IPv6. The FTP server is also running on the same win2003 server.
3. I am using the Commons net 1.4.1 jars
4. Can anybody say if commons net 141 supports IPv6
5. if supports, any suggestion on what is the best way(on which machines and
platform) to test this

Can anybody please answer my questions. Thanks in Advance
Sarath

Below is the exception:
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Protocol family unavailable
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:336)
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:201)
 at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:188)
 at org.apache.commons.net.DefaultSocketFactory.createSocket(
DefaultSocketFactory.java:53)
 at org.apache.commons.net.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:162)
--
Sarath K Ambadas