Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/15 21:54:02 UTC

icu4j 4.2?

Hi everyone,

I've been working on the localization code for Wookie, and have needed
to use the latest icu4j (4.2.1) as the requirements from W3C include
support for the latest language tag spec, which was only implemented
in 4.2.

Anyway, I've had problems finding this in any repositories I can
access with Ivy; the latest I can find is 4.0.1.

Any sightings of 4.2.1? Or do I need to bundle it?

Re: icu4j 4.2?

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 16 Dec 2009, at 10:11, Ross Gardler wrote:

> 2009/12/15 Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I've been working on the localization code for Wookie, and have
>> needed to
>> use the latest icu4j (4.2.1) as the requirements from W3C include
>> support
>> for the latest language tag spec, which was only implemented in 4.2.
>>
>> Anyway, I've had problems finding this in any repositories I can
>> access with
>> Ivy; the latest I can find is 4.0.1.
>>
>> Any sightings of 4.2.1? Or do I need to bundle it?
>
> To get you going I would say, yes, bundle it. I'm not sure how we
> publish artefacts into public Maven repositories in cases like this.
>
> Note I have not checked the license, I trust it is under a
> compatible license.

Looks like its compatible:

http://source.icu-project.org/repos/icu/icu4j/tags/release-4-2-1/license.html

I'll add an entry to the licenses file for it.

Re: icu4j 4.2?

Posted by Ross Gardler <ro...@googlemail.com>.